Re-entry Plan for
City United Church's plans for re-entry are in accordance with the State of Massachusetts guidance.
- We will continue with our 2 online gatherings via our online campus on Sundays at 9 and 10:30 a.m. with online hosts and a chat room.
- We also offer an on-campus and in-person gathering on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. that will be a mix of video and live.
- Attendance for the gathering on our campus will be limited to maintain the social distancing indicated in the guidelines.
- There will be a limited City Kids program offered as a part of the weekend gatherings. Families are encouraged to worship together whether online or on campus.
- Please feel free to bring a backpack with things for your child to do during the gathering.
- We are also encouraging parents to bring a tablet and headphones with the City Kids lesson links so that while parents are listening to the message, kids can be watching their lesson at the same time. We want our City Kids to feel like they are a part of this.
- If your child gets antsy and needs to take a walk, that’s okay! You can make your way out to the “outside lobby” to give them a break. We are intentionally making our gatherings shorter, keeping our littlest attenders in mind.
Tickets for attending a gathering
- Pre-registration for weekend gatherings will be required. This helps ensure we do not exceed the number of people allowed in a gathering (we do not want to send people away).
- Registration will be online through the form at the top and bottom of this page or by calling the office (978-582-4901) Mon-Thu 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Each weekend’s sign-up will begin the previous Sunday following the on-campus gathering.
- You will need to register each week for the following weekend’s gathering. A one-time registration is not good for other weeks.
- You do not need to print your tickets, but may need to show your confirmation email if necessary.
- Those who have “tickets” for the gathering will be admitted first. Five minutes before the beginning of the gathering, walk-ins will be allowed in assuming space is available.
- It is recommended to be on campus 15-20 minutes before the gathering starts.
- Registration also helps us keep attendance in case we need to notify the congregation about another attendee or staff testing positive for COVID-19. We keep all records secure and confidential and only use if necessary.
COVID-19 Precautions and Requirements
- Proper face coverings or masks will be required for everyone except the youngest of children (under 2) and unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing one (please indicate on the registration form if this is the case).
- For children between ages 2 and 5, the wearing of a face covering or mask is at the discretion of the child’s parent or guardian. Children under the age of 2 should not wear a face covering or mask.
- Please social distance 6 ft. part (except from those in your immediate family) both outdoors and inside the facility.
- There will be one set entrance and one set exit (unless in the case of an emergency).
- We have 1 men's and 1 women's bathroom available for use during the gatherings. There is a changing station in each bathroom (men’s and women’s) that is available for use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the common areas.
- All spaces, contact items, seats, etc. will be disinfected following every gathering.
- No refreshments will be served or allowed at our gatherings. We will have trash receptacles outside for you to dispose of drinks and food before you enter the building.
- We have removed all Bibles, programs, papers, pens, etc. Digital notes are available in our app and if you want to take physical notes, feel free to bring your own notebook/paper and pen.
- We have two giving receptacles available for you which are safe and secure. One is located at the entrance, and one is located by the exit when you leave. They are locked and are checked and emptied immediately after each gathering is over. Our giving kiosk is also still available and will be sanitized frequently throughout the gathering.
Important Information to Keep You Safe
City United Church is recommending that anyone over the age of 65 or those with compromised immune systems to worship with us from the comfort and safety of their home. Our digital gatherings will continue to be offered at 9:00 and 10:30 am on our online church platform, www.cityunited.live.
In accordance with the guidelines put forth by the state of Massachusetts, you should not attend an in-person gathering if any of the following are true:
- You are experiencing any symptoms such as fever (100.0 and above) or chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat, fatigue, headache, muscle/body aches, runny nose/congestion, new loss of taste or smell, or nausea, vomiting or diarrhea.
- You have had “close contact” with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19. “Close contact” means living in the same household as a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, caring for a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, being within 6 feet of a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 for 15 minutes or more, or coming in direct contact with secretions (e.g., sharing utensils, being coughed on) from a person who has tested positive for COVID-19, while that person was symptomatic.
- You have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine by their doctor or a local public health official.
Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Center for Disease Control
(e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to worship at home.
We are required as a place of worship if we learn that an attendee to one of our gatherings, a staff member, or volunteer has tested positive for COVID-19 to notify our local Board of Health and to assist the local Board of Health as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine.