re-entry plan for
City United Church's plans for re-entry are in accordance with the State of Massachusetts guidance.
- We will continue with our 2 online gatherings via our online campus on Sundays at 9 and 10:30 a.m. with online hosts and a chat room.
- We will also offer an on-campus and in-person gathering on Sundays at 10:30 a.m. beginning July 5 that will be a mix of video and live. As we progress through over the next few months, there will be more live and less video in our on-campus gatherings.
- Attendance for the gathering on our campus will be limited to 120-130 people to maintain the social distancing indicated in the guidelines.
- There will be no City Kids program offered as a part of the weekend gatherings. Families are encouraged to worship together whether online or on campus.
- Please feel free to bring a backpack with things for your child to do during the gathering.
- We are also encouraging parents to bring a tablet and headphones with the City Kids lesson links so that while parents are listening to the message, kids can be watching their lesson at the same time. We want our City Kids to feel like they are a part of this.
- If your child gets antsy and needs to take a walk, that’s ok! You can make your way out to the “outside lobby” to give them a break. We are intentionally making our gatherings shorter, keeping our littlest attenders in mind.
Tickets for attending a gathering
- Pre-registration for weekend gatherings will be required. This helps ensure we do not exceed the number of people allowed in a gathering (we do not want to send people away).
- Registration will be online through this form or by calling the office (978-582-4901) Mon-Thu 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Each weekend’s sign-up will begin the Monday at 9 a.m. before that weekend.
- You will need to register each week for the following weekend’s gathering. A one-time registration is not good for other weeks.
- You do not need to print your tickets, but may need to show your confirmation email if necessary.
- Those who have “tickets” for the gathering will be admitted first. Five minutes before the beginning of the gathering, walk-ins will be allowed in assuming space is available.
- It is recommended to be on campus 15-20 minutes before the gathering starts.
- Registration also helps us keep attendance in case we need to notify the congregation about another attendee or staff testing positive for COVID-19. We keep all records secure and confidential and only use if necessary.
COVID-19 Precautions and Requirements
- Proper face coverings or masks will be required for everyone except the youngest of children (under 2) and unless you have a medical condition that prevents you from wearing one (please indicate on the registration form if this is the case).
- For children between ages 2 and 5, the wearing of a face covering or mask is at the discretion of the child’s parent or guardian.
Children under the age of 2 should not wear a face covering or mask.
- Please social distance 6 ft part (except from those in your immediate family) both outdoors and inside the facility.
- We will check temperatures with an infrared scanner before entering the gathering. Those with a temperature over 100 will be taken aside for a second check (and to give the person a chance to normalize their temperature). If, upon the second check, the person still has a temperature over 100, they will be asked to watch the gathering online at home.
- There will be one set entrance and one set exit (unless in the case of an emergency).
- We have 1 men's and 1 women's bathroom available for use during the gatherings. The family stalls in each bathroom will be the only available stall for use. There is a changing station in each bathroom (men’s and women’s) that is available for use.
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the common areas.
- All spaces, contact items, seats, etc. will be disinfected following every gathering.
- No refreshments will be served or allowed at our gatherings. We will have trash receptacles outside for you to dispose of drinks and food before you enter the building.
- We have removed all Bibles, programs, papers, pens, etc. Digital notes are available in our app and if you want to take physical notes, feel free to bring your own notebook/paper and pen.
- We have two giving receptacles available for you which are safe and secure. One is located at the entrance, and one is located by the exit when you leave. They are locked and are checked and emptied immediately after each gathering is over. Our giving kiosk is also still available and will be sanitized frequently throughout the gathering.
Important Information to Keep You Safe
City United Church is recommending that anyone over the age of 65 or those with compromised immune systems to worship with us from the comfort and safety of their home. Our digital gatherings will continue to be offered at 9:00 and 10:30 am on our online church platform, www.cityunited.live.
If you are feeling sick, are exhibiting any of the following symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell), or have potentially been exposed to someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19, you should worship at home as well. A potential exposure means having household contact or having close contact (within 6 feet) with an individual with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 for a prolonged period of time (over 10 minutes) while the person is symptomatic or 48 hours before symptoms developed.
Persons who are particularly vulnerable to COVID-19 according to the Center for Disease Control
(e.g., due to age or underlying conditions) are encouraged to worship at home.
We are required as a place of worship if we learn that an attendee to one of our gatherings, a staff member, or volunteer has tested positive for COVID-19 to notify our local Board of Health and to assist the local Board of Health as reasonably requested to advise likely contacts to isolate and self-quarantine.